Jan 5, 2012

Book Review: The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer

Excerpt: My hope is that you'll read this book slowly and purposefully - not with the intention of finishing but of engaging with each segment. So at the end of each little section or chapter, you'll find some questions or concepts to consider, perhaps a suggested, practical application for you to implement. I encourage you to take your time, maybe even a full day between segments so you can put into practice what you're reading within the rhythms of our own life. Again, resist the urge to "just finish." Choose instead to consider carefully where you stand with each suggestion and biblical principle, and then spend time practicing what you're resolving to implement into your life. These same questions could also be adapted for use in a small group or a regular gathering of friends, enabling you to work through these points with some sisters who can keep you accountable. That's how a resolution becomes revolutionary. Life changing. The Resolution for Women, pg 5.

Back Cover: With everything you have to do, have you taken the time to decide who you want to be?

From best-selling author Priscilla Shirer, in partnership with the creators of The Love Dare, comes a resolution that challenges you to realign your daily decisions in a way that glorifies God and fulfills who He created you to be. Layered with biblical truth and seasoned with encouragement, The Resolution for Women will inspire the woman you see in the mirror to trust God's perfect plan for her life, resolving to become "purposefully feminine, surprisingly satisfied, and faithfully His."

My Review: Prepare to be changed. I needed this book. I've not stopped to think about who I wanted to be in a long time. I like to make resolutions, but I have a hard time with the follow through most of the time. This book, changed the way I looked at the resolutions that I was making, and caused me to take a closer look at who I am and how I live my daily life. I really appreciated the illustrations and examples in the book, and the challenge that it presented to me as a woman who wants to honor God. I will be reading this book again!

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I highly recommend this book to women of all ages.

Book has been provided courtesy of David C Cook and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from B&H Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!