Apr 18, 2013

Book Review: What a Son Needs from his Mom by Cheri Fuller

Back Cover: Ever Feel Like Your Son Is From a Different Planet?

Don't worry, Mom. There's a good reason why your son perplexes you. He's the OPPOSITE sex! Boys really do think, communicate, and process the world differently than girls. But no matter your son's age, he needs you, and he needs you in not-so-apparent ways.

Drawing from her own experiences, as well as those from moms and sons from around the country, Cheri Fuller shares what makes boys and young men tick and how to become a more welcome influence at every stage in their lives. She answers all the top questions, including:
  • "How can I help my son (and me!) deal with his emotions in a healthy way?"
  • "School is such a struggle. How can I help him?" 
  • "Our personalities are SO different. How can we get on the same page?"
  • "My son hardly says a thing. What can I do?"
  • "What are the best ways to instill good values?"
  • "How can I encourage a lasting faith in God?"
With page after page of use-it-today advice and encouraging stories, this book will help you steer your son toward becoming a caring, confident young man.

Includes Reflection Questions for Personal or Group Use

Great for understanding grandsons, too!

My Review: As a mother of a small son, I am always interested in reading books on the topic, so when given the opportunity to review this book, I jumped on it. The title made me wonder what treasures the author had in store. After all, what mom doesn't want to know what her son needs. What I found inside were principles that could be applied to raising sons, no matter the age of the child. What I came away with was that I need to be raising my son with the end goal in sight. And what is that end goal? To raise a man. The author encourages mothers to be purposeful in the way that we handle our sons. It is easy for me to get caught up in the stresses of the day and lose track of the man my son will become. After reading What a Son Needs From His Mom, I am more determined than ever to be conscience of way I'm training my boy to become a man of God.

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I recommend this book to Christian moms who have sons.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!