May 24, 2013

Book Review: When Love Calls by Lorna Seilstad

Back Cover: When romance calls, will she choose to answer?

Hannah Gregory is good at many things, but that list does not include following rules. So when she must apply for a job as a switchboard operator to support her two sisters, she knows it won't be easy. Hello Girls must conduct themselves according to strict-and often bewildering-rules, which include absolutely no consorting with gentlemen while in training.

Hannah doubts it will be difficult to keep that rule-until a handsome young lawyer starts getting under her skin.

With historic details that bring to life the exciting first decade of the twentieth century, Lorna Seilstad weaves a charming tale of companionship that blossoms into sweet romance.

My Review: Hannah Gregory has a mind of her own. She knows what needs to be done, and since she is the oldest, it is up to her to do it. She refuses to rely on the help of others. Hannah's sisters are differed and interesting, and I can't wait to see what their stories are going to be like in the next books of the series. When Love Calls is a really fun read. The situations that Hannah gets herself into makes for a great page turner. Of course, the romantic element is fun as well. When I finished the book I was satisfied with the story. I am only giving it four stars because I enjoy coming away with something to ponder, and this book didn't do that for me.

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I recommend this book to readers of historical romance and fans of Lorna Seilstad.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!