Sep 3, 2013

Book Review: Unclaimed Legacy by Deborah Heal

About the Book: “I call it time-surfing,” Abby said. “It’s like being there,except no one can see or hear us.”

“Whatever you call it,” John said, “that was crazy—what we just did.
Beyond realistic. I mean, I was in that guy’s head
and knew everything he was thinking.”

Abby’s weird computer program is working again. And it comes in handy when they agree to help the Old Dears next door with their family tree. Except Abby and John learn more about one of the ladies’ ancestors than they ever wanted to know. Convicted in 1871 of murder and arson, Reuben Buchanan is a blight on the family’s reputation. But was he really guilty? Abby and John get inside the mind of a murderer to find out. But while they’re rummaging around in the Old Dears’ family history, they discover the truth of God’s promise to bless a thousand generations …
… and a legacy waiting to be reclaimed.

My Review: The weird time-travel program is at it again, but this time Abby and Merrideth get Johns help to solve a genealogical question for two delightful twins. I fell in love with The Old Dears, and was interested to see how their story would play out. With the help of John's laptop, they are able to take the program into different houses, and learn many different stories. Heal deals with some heavy issues from the past, while the main characters stay safe in the present. Well, as safe as they can. I was a little concerned with the justification of the breaking and entering that John and Abby are a part of. You'll have to read the book to understand what I mean. As soon as I finished this book, I immediately opened Every Hill and Mountain because I had to read what was going to happen in the next episode.

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I recommend this book to young adults who want a very clean, conservative story full of imagination, romance, and adventure in a historical context.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!