May 20, 2014

Book Review: One Perfect Spring by Irene Hannon

Back Cover: Independent single mom Claire Summers is doing her best to make lemonade out of the lemons life has handed her. Workaholic Keith Watson is interested only in the bottom line--until a letter from Claire's eleven-year-old daughter reaches his desk and changes everything.

As the executive assistant to a philanthropic businessman, Keith is used to fielding requests for donations. But the girl isn't asking for money. She wants help finding the long-lost son of a neighbor. As Keith reluctantly digs into this assignment in his usual results-oriented style, he has no idea how involved he and Claire will become--nor how unusual the results will actually be. Who could have guessed that a child's kindhearted request would bring love and hope to so many lives . . . including his own?

Through compelling characters and surprising plot twists, fan favorite Irene Hannon offers this tenderhearted story that demonstrates how life is like lilacs--the biggest blooms come only after the harshest winters.

My Review: Irene Hannon is one of my favorite authors. Since my first introduction to her in 2011, I have impatiently waited for each new novel's publication. I thoroughly love her romantic suspense novels (and can't wait for October when Deceived releases),  I also find her contemporary novels enjoyable. One Perfect Spring is no exception. In this novel, Hannon interweaves the lives of two independent women with two men with baggage from the past - all because of a letter sent by a young girl. It's a novel of forgiveness, second chances, and hope for the future. I rooted for the characters, especially the young executive who I didn't really like at the beginning of the book. This character's change over the course of the book kept me turning the pages. One thing I like about Irene Hannon's books is the subtle twists she gives in the story line. Many novels, it is easy to predict what will happen just by reading the first few chapters. Not so with Hannon's novels. If you haven't read her work, I highly recommend you give her novels a try.

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I recommend this book to readers of contemporary Christian romance.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!