Jul 28, 2014

Book Review: Love Comes Home by Ann Gabhart

Back Cover: When the flush of victory fades, there remains a winding road to an uncertain future.

World War II is finally over and the people of Rosey Corner are joyfully welcoming the boys home. The Merritt sisters in particular are looking toward the future. Kate is eager to start a family and live out her dream of happily ever after with Jay. Evangeline craves a beautiful house and encourages Mike to pastor a big-town church. Victoria wants what can never be. And Lorena is growing up and wondering more and more about her birth family.

Each sister must learn to hold her plans with a loose hand, trusting that God will guide and strengthen them as they share the joys and sorrows of life in their little corner of the world.

My Review: I cried! After watching the Merritt sister grow up in the pervious two books of the Rosey Corners series, I feel like I know these girls. Now, the war has ended and the boys come home - well most of them. This book touched me in a deep way. Tears came to my eyes more than once during the reading of this novel. I would strongly suggest having a box of tissues ready before diving into this drama. Gabhart's story is easy to read and the characters live on in my mind. I do hope that there is another book in this series.

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I recommend this book to readers of historical fiction who enjoy stories in the WWII era. I would suggest reading the first two books in the series first (Angel Sister and Small Town Girl).

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!