Sep 29, 2014

Book Review: Tried and True by Mary Connealy

Back Cover: Saddle up for a wildly fun ride with the Wilde sisters!

Kylie Wilde is the youngest sister--and the most civilized. Her older sisters might be happy dressing in trousers and posing as men, but Kylie has grown her hair long and wears skirts every chance she gets. It's a risk--they are homesteading using the special exemptions they earned serving in the Civil War as "boys"--but Kylie plans to make the most of the years before she can sell her property and return to the luxuries of life back East.

Local land agent Aaron Masterson is fascinated with Kylie from the moment her long hair falls from her cap. But now that he knows her secret, can he in good conscience defraud the U.S. government? And when someone tries to force Kylie off her land, does he have any hope of convincing her that marrying him and settling on the frontier is the better option for her future?

My Review: I love the Wilde sisters! The antics of these three women are a hoot. Tried and True is the story of Kylie Wilde, the youngest of the three girls. Like her sisters, she pretends to be a man to claim her homesteader exemption for her service in the Civil War. Kylie is such a fun character to read about. She's the girlies of the sisters and I can't help but wonder how she survived her time during the war. The poor girl starts the story almost killing herself trying to fix her roof and her adventures just compound from there. This novel is a humorous and delightful read. I can't wait to read the next books in this series. From what I've learned of Kylie's sisters, I know I'll enjoy their stories as much as I did hers.

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I highly recommend this book to readers of historical fiction set in the West.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!