Oct 27, 2014

Book Review: Deceived by Irene Hannon

Back Cover: A grieving mother. A mysterious child. And a dedicated PI who's determined to solve the puzzle.

For three years, Kate Marshall has been mourning the loss of her husband and four-year-old son in a boating accident. But when she spots a familiar-looking child on a mall escalator, she's convinced it's her son. With police skeptical of her story, she turns to private investigator Connor Sullivan for help. As the former Secret Service agent digs into the case, the boating "accident" begins to look increasingly suspicious. But if Kate's son is alive, someone is intent on keeping him hidden--and may go to lethal lengths to protect a sinister secret.

As Irene Hannon's many fans have come to expect, Deceived is filled with complex characters, unexpected twists, and a riveting plotline that accelerates to an explosive finish.

My Review: Irene Hannon is one of my favorite romantic suspense writers, ever. I have been waiting for this novel to come out for far too long. Deceived is the third book in the Private Justice series. While the novel stands alone, I would suggest someone read the first two books in the series before this one. This story had my attention from the very start. The poor woman, Kate, not only lost her husband but also her son in a tragic boating accident. In the very first chapter, she believes she sees her son, now three years older, in a shopping mall in a different state. As a mother of a young son, I can only imagine the emotional anguish Kate was going through. Because of the involvement of a mother and son, I couldn't put the book down. I had found the perfect place to put the novel down for the night, but the story pulled me back out of bed. I can say it was worth staying up until after 2:00 AM to finish.

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I can't recommend this book highly enough, especially to readers of romantic suspense.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!