Nov 3, 2009

Book Review: A Novel Idea - Best Advice on Writing Inspirational Fiction

When I first heard about A Novel Idea, I added it to my wish list. I wanted to get my hands on a copy and devour the advice that the best-selling Christian authors had to give. I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out that Tyndale was offering this book for review. I signed up. I mean, who wouldn't? They were going to send me the book (which I already wanted to read) for free (a price that fits well in my budget), and all I had to do was read it (which I was planning on doing anyway) and write a review (that's what I'm doing now).

A Novel Idea did not disappoint. The book is divided up into four sections: The fundamentals of fiction, Developing your craft, Writing Christian fiction, and Network and marketing. Each chapter and section brought new things to light for me. As I read, I was encouraged to find that I was doing something right, and I was also challenged to do more in some areas. Written by over 50 authors, the book gives insight into Christian fiction in a way that I have never seen. I look forward to reading this book many times.

This book is a must have for any Christian fiction writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!