Jan 12, 2010

Book Review: Closer by Jim and Cathy Burns

"On the day of our wedding we had a goal: to draw closer to each other and closer to God. Too many times, though, the weight of home responsibilities, work pressures, kid worries, and all the rest fog our vision for closeness. Spiritually speaking, everyone has foggy days. But God is there to say to us in His quiet, persistent voice, 'Don't quit. Persevere. Do all you can to keep your eyes focused on the prize.'" Closer, pg 20.

I am always looking for good devotional books, especially for married couples. I like a devotional with depth and interaction, and I found both of those things in Closer. This book contains 52 devotionals - spreading across a large range of topics. What I liked most about it were the little assignments at the end of the chapters. They look like great ways to get couples working together and drawing closer to God and each other.

My husband and I are currently working through a book but once that is finished, I am going to suggest that we go through Closer together. This book would be a great resource for any married couple. It would also make a great wedding gift.

(I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!