Jul 20, 2010

Book Review: Back on Murder by J. Mark Bertrand

"I'm on the way out. They can all tell, which is why the crime scene technicians hardly acknowledge my presence, and my own colleagues do a double take whenever I speak. Like they're surprised to find me still here.

But I am here, staring down into the waxy face of a man who, with a change of wardrobe, could pass for a martyred saint." Back on Murder, pg 11.

Roland March hasn't been on the top of his game. Most of the other detectives want him gone, but March finally comes out of his slump when faced with a drug house full of dead thugs, a vanished hostage and too many unanswered questions. Thrown into the mix with a new partner, Roland follows his gut and puts together impossible pieces to the puzzle. How does the disappearance of a local teen fit with the current investigation? All is not as it seems when Roland March is Back on Murder.

This is an excellent crime thriller. I enjoyed getting to know Roland and the complexities of his life. I really enjoyed how Bertrand hinted at part of Roland's past, but didn't give all the details till later in the book. It was like, solving the mystery of Roland, helped Roland solve the murder. I really enjoyed this book!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!