Jun 17, 2011

Book Review: Chasing Sunsets by Eva Marie Everson

Excerpt: "Don't worry about it. Just tell the truth about what happened."

But I couldn't help myself. Unwillingly, I allowed my eyes to trail the length of the room, along the pattern of the marble floor to Charlie's polished shoes. I raised my eyes up the height of him, focusing briefly on the narrowing of his hips and waist, knowing with a wife's familiarity the once-before and now-again rock hard abs beneath the crisp white shirt. When my eyes found his face, I jumped. He was looking directly at me.

But his eyes held not one of the emotions of the kind and loving man I'd married. These were the cold, distant eyes of the man I had divorced. Chasing Sunsets, pg 23-24.

Back Cover: Sometimes you get a second chance at your first love.

Kimberly Tucker's life hasn't turned out the way she thought it would. While her ex is living it up, she struggles to understand what went wrong. When her two sons end up spending five weeks of summer vacation with their father, Kim plans a respite at the family vacation home on tiny Cedar Key. As she revisits the long-forgotten past, she discovers that treasures in life are often buried, and sometimes you do get a second chance at love.

Let yourself get swept away to an island retreat of warm tropical breezes, sandy beaches, and the most glorious sunsets you can imagine.

My Review: Everson throws her characters into the middle of a difficult situation. She's not afraid to keep making things harder for them, especially for the main female character - Kimberly. Kimberly seems to go from one uncomfortable situation to another as she comes to grips with her past, present and future. I enjoyed reading about the change in Kimberly's life and attitude as the book progressed. Everson did a great job with this character and the others in the book. Of course, like all the Everson books I have read, this book leaves you wanting more. I finished the novel, but still wanted to know more about what the future holds in store for these characters. I guess I'll just have to wait till the next book in the series comes out.

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I recommend this book to readers of Eva Marie Everson.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!