Nov 29, 2012

Book Review: The Christmas Pony by Melody Carlson

Back Cover: With Christmas around the corner, the Turnbull family is in need of a few small miracles.

It is 1937, and Lucy Turnbull knows better than to wish for a pony this Christmas. Her mother has assured her in no uncertain terms that asking for a pony is the same as asking for the moon. Besides, the only extra mouths they need at their boarding house are the paying kind. Then an interesting pair of strangers comes to town, and Lucy's world changes forever.

My Review: When I see Melody Carlson's name on the cover of a book, I expect that I'm about to open a cozy holiday story. The Christmas Pony was true to that expectation. One of the things that I really liked about this book was the main character is an enchanting little girl, and the story realistically follows her childish thinking. The other characters who occupy the book are varied and interesting. Without giving away too much of the story, I did enjoy the lesson that the little girl learned about how appearances can be deceiving. I loved the little romance that come along as well. This is a very nice little book for those looking for a light holiday read.
My Rating:

My Recommendation: I recommend this book to readers who are looking for a sweet holiday read.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Christina, I love a cozy Christmas read, will definitely add this one to my holiday reading list. :)

    ReplyDelete

You're comments are appreciated!