Jan 7, 2013

Book Review: Starflower by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Back Cover: The Black Dogs Are on the Hunt, But Who Is Their Prey?

When a cursed dragon-witch kidnaps fairest Lady Gleamdren, the Bard Eanrin sets boldly forth on a rescue mission... and a race against his rival for Gleamdren's favor. Intent upon his quest, the last thing the immortal Faerie needs is to become mixed up with the troubles of an insignificant mortal.

But when he stumbles upon a maiden trapped in an enchanted sleep, he cannot leave her alone in the dangerous Wood Between. One waking kiss later, Eanrin suddenly finds his story entangled with that of young Starflower. A strange link exists between this mortal girl and the dragon-witch. Will Starflower prove the key to Lady Gleamdren's rescue? Or will the dark power from which she flees destroy both her and her rescuer?

My Review: I've really enjoyed the previous three books in the Tales of Goldstone series, and so I was anticipating the arrival of this addition to the tale. One thing that I liked about the previous three books is how the tales intertwined with the others in the series. Starflower does not do that. This story stands apart from the others and takes place long before the others begin. Some of the characters are the same, but this book gives the reader a look at a back story that was just hinted at in previous books. While I enjoyed getting more history of Goldstone, I was not pulled in as far by this story. That being said, I am still looking forward to the next installment in the series.

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I recommend this book to those who have read the rest of the Tales of Goldstone Wood.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!