Sep 11, 2013

Book Review: Trapped by Irene Hannon

Back Cover: A runaway teen, a desperate sister, and an intrepid PI determined to discover the truth

When Laura Griffith's sixteen-year-old sister disappears on a frigid February day, leaving only a brief note behind, Laura resolves to do whatever it takes to track down the runaway teen. That includes recruiting ATF agent turned private investigator James Devlin to help. Dev knows time is of the essence with runaways--just forty-eight hours can mean the difference between recovery and ruin.

But the deeper he and Laura dig, the more Dev begins to suspect that something sinister is at work in the girl's disappearance. And in the icy winter weather, the trail is going cold . . .

In her latest thrilling read, queen of romantic suspense Irene Hannon outdoes herself with a fast-paced tale of fear, deception, and just the right dose of romance.

My Review: Irene Hannon has been called the queen of romantic suspense and I completely agree with that title. She has earned it. I love her books and Trapped is another winner in my opinion. The book is the second in the Private Justice series, but it reads well as a stand alone novel. Hannon creates some deep and troubled characters. While, as a reader, I was irritated with young Darcy at the beginning, I started to root for her as she changed and grew. Hannon's "villain" is believable and yet scary at the same time. He could be anyone. Nice on the outside, hiding painful secrets that have messed with his mind and turned him into a serial killer. I was reminded of the power that parents have over the development of their children. It is a high order, and one that should not be taken lightly. Of course, the book wouldn't be classified as romantic suspense without having the romantic element. The openness that happens between the two characters is very quick, but I know that it isn't outside of the realm of possibility. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I highly recommend this book to readers of romantic suspense and fans of Irene Hannon.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!