Apr 21, 2014

Book Review: Shadow Hand by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Back Cover: This is a story about blood.
And love.
And the many things that lie between.

By her father's wish, Lady Daylily is betrothed to the Prince of Southlands. Not the prince she loves, handsome and dispossessed Lionheart, but his cousin, the awkward and foolish Prince Foxbrush. As her wedding day dawns, Daylily flees into the dangerous Wilderlands, her only desire to vanish from living memory.

But Foxbrush, determined to rescue his betrothed, pursues Daylily into a new world of magic and peril, a world where vicious Faerie beasts hold sway, a world invaded by a lethal parasite.

A world that is hauntingly familiar.

My Review: I have enjoyed each addition to Stengl's Tales of Goldstone Wood series. These books take the reader on epic adventures where good and evil collide. Without fail, these tales leave me turning the pages, eager to discover where the twisted plots will lead. Shadow Hand is no exception. This story mixes history with the present world in an unexpected way. While I enjoyed the story, I can only give this book four out of five stars because I never connected with the sniveling Foxbrush. His hero status was a bit too fantastic for complete enjoyment. Still, I was satisfied with the ending of this epic tale, and can't wait to read what Stengl has in store for us with her next book.

My Rating:

My Recommendation: I recommend this book to readers of fantasy, but would highly suggest that you read the other books in the Tales of Goldstone Wood series first.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!