Jul 4, 2009

Book Review: The I Believe Bunny

"Once upon a time
in a land hard to find
lived the I Believe Bunny,
who was funny and kind."
The I Believe Bunny, pg 1.

The land where Bunny lives is not always full of sunshine and flowers. Sometimes it rains, and Bunny, just like the little boys and girls (ages 4 to 8) who would enjoy this book, thinks that the rain should stop. "It's been raining all morning. I think that's enough." Bunny declares. It was during one such rainy day, that the Bunny finds someone in grave danger. First he doesn't know what to do. He calls for help, but there is no one around. Bunny will have to save the day, and as he does, he calls on the help of God.

I really enjoyed this story. The rhyme is easy to read, and lyrical in nature. The pictures are beautiful and full of action and suspense. What I liked the most about this story was the clear message that it sends. We can't do lots of things, but through God's power we can do anything. I would recommend this book to anyone who has children, grandchildren, or hopes to have children someday. I look forward to reading this book to my children, when the Lord finally blesses us in that way. This series of books, by Tish Rabe, will have a special home on my children's bookshelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments are appreciated!